The last 4 days have been pretty crazy. This blog has only been up for a couple of weeks and somehow found its way to the “Freshly Pressed” page. I have been overwhelmed with the number of people who have wasted a click to stop by and read and have been very humbled by the kind comments and encouragement. I have said before that these posts are the only things that I have ever written that weren’t “due” or on the inside of a greeting card. I write these just to write them and the fact that there are people who are interested in reading it is very surreal.
Now this award sounds eerily similar to those chain emails you get because I am supposed to list seven things about me and then pass the award on to other blogs that I think are versatile. I am not certain how I was deemed versatile since I have yet to write my post about how I spend summers entertaining street corners as an ambidextrous oil painter and opera singer.
As previously confessed, I am new to blogging so I will need some time to peruse the internets before making my nominations but I wanted to express my gratitude in a timely fashion.
Thank you very much for reading and for passing the award along. I am very grateful.
Oh yeah, here are seven things about me:
1. My desk at work and my desk at home still look like the inside of my 10th grade locker; I don’t know how organized people do it.
2. I fell out of a tree on Thanksgiving Day when I was 13 and fractured my pelvis, I shuffled around like an 90-year-old man for almost a month.
3. I really like saying Cheers, not just when I raise a glass but I think it is a great way to say goodbye.
4. I am pretty good at my job but there are parts that really bore me and I tend to slack on those. (I am writing this in my office).
5. I can’t imagine how much dumber I would be if not for the internet.
6. I own a guitar………I don’t play any instruments.
7. My wife read the entire Twilight series of books in like 4 days, now I have to compete with a fictional 17-year-old vampire.
P.S. If you have any great blog suggestions that would be totally sweet.