I bet the best parts of writing a book are finishing it and deciding on the title. The problem with finishing it is that it takes a bunch of work. Deciding on a title doesn’t take near the time commitment or talent that writing a whole book takes. I don’t know if I will ever actually write a book but these are some of my title ideas of I ever get off the schnide and make it happen.
- Waiting in the Car While My Wife Runs Into the Store and Other Ways Parenthood has Increased My Carbon Footprint
- 72 Band-aids and Plenty of Apple Juice, A Parent Survival Kit
- Parenting With Fruit Snacks (Little Bags of Shut the Hell Up)
- Honey, the Kids are Finally Asleep, We can Finally Break Out the Good Snacks
- Toddlers with Sharpies and Other Reasons I Should Have Become a Hostage Negotiator
- Told My Kid to Shut Their Cry Hole and Other Reasons I May Not Get That Parent of the Year Trophy
- Not Letting Them Put Princess High Heels on the Dog and 2,346 Other Ways I Ruin My Kid’s Lives
- 37th Time Is A Charm: Tips On Putting Your Toddler To Bed and Other Parenting Pearls of Wisdom
- Cutting The Dog’s Hair is Never an Accident, Our Children Are Liars
I love my kids and I love being a dad; choosing to laugh instead of cry at some of the ways parenthood challenges you has been a good decision for me. If any real life writers out there need a poorly thought out title that is likely a run-on sentence hit me up.
I hope everyone has had a good summer and I appreciate folks still stopping by to read even when it has been ages since I have written anything. I have done a few cool things though this summer and wanted to share one of them. Watch all the way to the end to see the big pay off, definitely sweet.